Edifice

Edifice

Postby Omnicoder » Mon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm

A medium-hard, fairly long map in the destroyed chamber style.
Summer Mapping Initiative Entry.

Installation instructions included in download.

File Name: sp_edifice.zip
File Size: 11.99 MiB
Click here to download Edifice
Omnicoder
Community Contributor

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Re: Edifice

Postby bufutda » Mon May 30, 2011 7:29 pm

A large, glitch free, problem free map with hard puzzles and great graphics? Is this for real? 'i usually like to provide criticism after i play a map but wow, there was nothing to criticize!
"We're done here."
bufutda
Defective Turret

Postby xdiesp » Mon May 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Quote:
sub·lime/səˈblīm/
Verb: (of a solid substance) Change directly into vapor when heated, typically forming a solid deposit again on cooling.
Adjective: Of such excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration or awe: "ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous"

Tremendous mapping and head-dizzying puzzles, what else can you ask. :thumbup: Actually hard puzzles have occasionally me staring at the air for a second, I hear it's a sign of intelligence. I hope they publish this stuff in a future dlc.
the hills are alive... with the sound of music
xdiesp
Community Contributor

Postby pepto_pillz » Mon May 30, 2011 7:44 pm

this map is beyond me. took almost an hour on each chamber, but nether the less, excellently designed and fun. :thumbup:
pepto_pillz
I was told I would get $60 if I posted on the forum

Postby bjs0 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:54 pm

I think you've got this map making thing down. Maybe move on to a new hobby. Cross-stitching?
bjs0
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Postby rlink0 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:28 pm

First map took a while. But all the puzzles pretty much came down to one thing, and as soon as you got that down, it was... Well, I can't say it was "easy," but it wasn't so bad. The others took me around ten minutes.
Nonetheless, great work. Good luck w/ contest.
rlink0

Postby timefiller » Mon May 30, 2011 8:42 pm

5/5
Felt like an idiot after figuring it out, haha
timefiller
Defective Turret

Postby Idolon » Mon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Aside from the Portal 2 campaign itself, this is the most fun I've had with either Portal game. It's that good.
Idolon
Community Contributor

Postby CrossDot » Mon May 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Awesome map. Once you fully understand the idea behind the first chamber the rest aren't so bad. Still have to think .. but great idea. Loved it. :D
CrossDot

Postby Kibate » Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Agree with all the others, very fun map
back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back.... i loved it XP though doing it for more than 3 chapters would break my patience XP
Kibate
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Postby Will T. » Mon May 30, 2011 10:31 pm

I enjoyed this one as well. Excellent detailing, very good puzzle design. Had some difficulty realizing there were other places I had to go, e.g. the area with the second cube in the last chamber, but I figured it out.

Great work! :thumbup:
There is no "N" in "Turret."
Will T.
Community Contributor

Postby Kalafina » Tue May 31, 2011 1:01 am

Its a nice well made map 5/5, but I feel that the same concept for solving the puzzles was overused. After solving the first puzzle, it was simply a matter of reapplying the same mindset to all the other puzzles making the map as a whole, a walk in the park..

I personally wouldn't rank it as a hard map due to what I stated above.
Kalafina

Postby kwp21 pitts » Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 am

Truely wonderful fun and a real brain teaser. I say this map is very well done, I love it, and I'm now 100% certain I'm beat. (Cry) :thumbup: :thumbup:
First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
kwp21 pitts
Community Contributor

Postby NeemaE » Tue May 31, 2011 2:42 am

Looks good to me. And I'm hard to please :P. I love what you did in the first puzzle, too. I'm not sure if mine was the intended solution, but it involved having the reflectocube fall through a portal into the last room so that it would stop blocking the laser, allowing me to take the "companion" cube back over in the tractor beam and through to the same last room in the same portal the reflectocube fell in. Then I took the reflectocube back and aligned it with the laser relay through the portal...It seemed convoluted, but it was the only way my brain saw it could work. I'd love to know if this is what you planned.

Also, my hat is off to you for the beautiful ambiance. 5/5 [The whole map took me about 25 minutes, but it was relatively hard and subsequently fun solving.]
NeemaE

Postby Jollepoker » Tue May 31, 2011 4:57 am

Very nice map! It was very satisfying solving it! I have a question though:

On the last two maps I finished them by using a method I'm not quite sure was the intended one. When entering a room a cube has opened with a button outside, it's possible to quickly grab the cube while entering the room. This could be used to skip (what I thought) could be the actual intended solution. If further instructions are required (that is, if this wasn't the intended solution), I may be able to post a video of how I solved them
Jollepoker

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Next

Return to Community Releases