[Coop] Mp_coop_Versus

Re: [Coop] Mp_coop_Versus

Postby montadar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:27 am

It is ..... Brilliant!!
especially the last 3 chambers, if only the first ones were better designed
this would've won the contest For Sure!
thank you for this map,
I will be Eagerly waiting for the next one you create.
montadar
i dont know what brush is but i herd it alot

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Postby sorayahya » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:41 am

montadar wrote:
It is ..... Brilliant!!
especially the last 3 chambers, if only the first ones were better designed
this would've won the contest For Sure!
thank you for this map,
I will be Eagerly waiting for the next one you create.

I totally agree with you this map should have totally won the contest It has really challenging chambers and has even new things that we never saw in portal 2 game maps

I'm burning to see your next map!!!

:cube: :cube: :cube:
sorayahya
i dont know what brush is but i herd it alot

Postby Mek » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:51 pm

We have spent quite some time to figure out the puzzles, they were really challenging. But nothing one cannot manage and we liked that. It's true that some more detail would be fine but keep this standard of puzzles and you will be fine :thumbup:
Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.
Mek
Community Contributor

Postby pfalstad » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Great map. But then in the last chamber, my partner died holding the cube (by jumping into the pit outside), and we couldn't find another one. So we didn't finish. We'll have to replay it sometime.
pfalstad
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Postby Pete » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm

pfalstad wrote:
Great map. But then in the last chamber, my partner died holding the cube (by jumping into the pit outside), and we couldn't find another one. So we didn't finish. We'll have to replay it sometime.

...oops. I thought I put a clip there but it turns out I didnt. :sigh:
Pete
Community Contributor

Postby pfalstad » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Very nice map, but we're having really bad luck with the ending. We played it through again to the last room, and pressed the button(? I forget) that brought over the cube with the tractor beam. The cube fell into the room and then a second later it just disappeared. I noclipped and found it in the area below, but kept hitting something that killed me, so I couldn't bring it up. Finally it just disappeared and I couldn't find it, so I had to noclip into the next room to kill the robots and finish the level. :(
pfalstad

Postby Beezqp » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:40 pm

I can't finish the big testroom with orange gel, lightbridge and funnel - I managed to get to the funnel and two buttons there using some weird movement, lightbridge, cube and perfect timing but it's impossible to use the same method to get the second one there. After one hour of desperation I checked the walkthroughs posted in this topic and I see that people could easily get up there with simple gel-run-to-portal, but in my version of map there's a wall blocking this jump and this makes us still stuck. I think I know how to follow the level from here once two robots are in the room with funnel and two buttons but how to GET two of us to that room???
Beezqp
I was told I would get $60 if I posted on the forum

Postby pfalstad » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Beezqp wrote:
I can't finish the big testroom with orange gel, lightbridge and funnel - I managed to get to the funnel and two buttons there using some weird movement, lightbridge, cube and perfect timing but it's impossible to use the same method to get the second one there. After one hour of desperation I checked the walkthroughs posted in this topic and I see that people could easily get up there with simple gel-run-to-portal, but in my version of map there's a wall blocking this jump and this makes us still stuck. I think I know how to follow the level from here once two robots are in the room with funnel and two buttons but how to GET two of us to that room???

Put a portal on a wall facing the ceiling, gel-run-to-portal, then while you're up in the air have your partner put the light bridge under you. Then you can help your partner up the same way.
pfalstad

Postby Beezqp » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Quote:
Put a portal on a wall facing the ceiling, gel-run-to-portal, then while you're up in the air have your partner put the light bridge under you. Then you can help your partner up the same way.

Yes, I tried it - that's how we managed to get one person there. But there's no way to use the same method for the second one - the lightbridge is activated by the button - having one person already in place, the only possible way to have the bridge activated is to put the cube on it - but after that, you can't jump on the bridge because you hit it from down. And you can't just take the cube away for a moment keeping one person next to funnel and the other one attempting to jump...

EDIT: Damn I am a moron, now I get it.
Beezqp

Postby pfalstad » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Beezqp wrote:
Yes, I tried it - that's how we managed to get one person there. But there's no way to use the same method for the second one - the lightbridge is activated by the button - having one person already in place, the only possible way to have the bridge activated is to put the cube on it - but after that, you can't jump on the bridge because you hit it from down. And you can't just take the cube away for a moment keeping one person next to funnel and the other one attempting to jump...

You need the cube on the button the whole time (for now anyway). The other person puts the lightbridge in place by shooting a portal in the appropriate wall. To get rid of the lightbridge, shoot a portal somewhere else. Then you can do the gel-run-into-portal without hitting your head on the lightbridge. :)
pfalstad

Postby Beezqp » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Yes, exactly, thanks. Realized that the second I posted. I must have had some minor case of severe brain damage.

EDIT: OK, we've finished. Some feedback:

1st test: We've stucked here for a long while until we wildly guessed that it may have something to do with the swinging panel. Repeating the level I noticed that there is an alert that the thing is removable but why we didn't see that the first time? I don't know. Next, it was wild guessing that there is something in the upper room that moves when the funnel is there and then some wild guessing that you have to repeat putting the funnel there. Actually, we have solved this test three times and I still have no damn idea what is going on here. And that's not good, I guess. Also, the music here is too LOUD, I couldn't hear my friend on the mic, I had to lower the volume in audio setup.

2nd test: it was fun, but I don't know if we did it right. I mean, I see no other way but so restricting timing, aiming and necessity of dying - this feels just wrong. The part of the test after getting one person to the room with funnel is quite fine - until you have to die once again for no apparent reason.

3rd test: too easy, it just didn't fit there! But it felt good somehow, to solve the test without big effort, after two hard riddles.

4th test: I already posted about my problems here. It turned out to be very clever part - I really liked the ending, I mean playing with buttons and lightbridge and cube. That was fun. There's one glitch, though. After the cube is put on the last button and opens the passage to the next test - there is no fizzler in the passage. However, I can't put my portal there on the ceiling - it disappears when I come back to the room to help my friend get here. Luckily, there's other portalable wall nearby so it required just a little correction to the general idea. Still, the thing is weird.

5th test: One crazy riddle. And I mean it. Lasercube? Oh my God. We covered all the room with blue gel and forgot to take the cube with us so we were jumping like crazy without any ideas until we finally found out the solution, but I can say - this was clever.

6th test: Now that was HARD. AWESOME use of funnel - this was complicated, but after you understand what's going on here it's just marvelous. Putting the cube behind lasers was a bit random - something happened there but I don't know what exactly. We didn't even know if what we're doing was right. And to get us past the funnel-momentum thing we designed some terrifying, complex as hell way of putting portals, moving inside funnel, outside funnel and moving funnel itself, replacing us on the button and so on. It was so damn complicated I felt like a BOSS after figuring that out. Maybe there was some easiest way to solve it and I was just overthinkin this all but I don't care, this test was great.

7th test: Don't know if it can be called a test, just an easy final challenge. It was nice to kill something after all this hard thinking, but I'm afraid it is too easy to get stuck here hopelessly. Just drop the box and you are screwed - and my friend ALMOST did it.

The map is great if you like something challenging. It has some annoying part when it's all about guessing what to do, especially in first few tests, but when it's come to thinking - it's very enjoyable. Thanks!
Beezqp

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Yes, this entire thing has been a learning experience for me, and it does show in the first few parts of the map. That being said, I promise my next map will better than that :P

The feedback is very appreciated, by the way. Thanks everyone - Ill have to remember to fix that last part (and maybe add an effect to that fizzler) when I get back to my GOOD pc...

As for the funnel room, the intended solution does involve complex portal maneuvering and switching places on the button but as it turns out you can do the fling even without it, and now that I think about it its probably for the best as the room is complicated enough as it is...
Pete
Community Contributor

Postby wolf bytes » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Great level(s)!
Me and my friend really enjoyed this challenging map of yours, but we found one glitch...
(We had to sadly cheat to correct for it.)
In the last chamber room, where you are to stand on both buttons to receive the laser cube, the extrusion funnel kept landing the cube on top of the ridge, making it impossible for us to get the cube. Maybe try having it that there's a wall there so if the cube does start to overshoot, it just hits the wall and lands were it's suppose to. We did catch it the first time though, though due to lags we dropped the cube.

Also, is one player needed to remain on the button at the end for the cube to stay?

Great level, found it really fun and challenging, but not overly so that we wanted to quit. Great job.

Continue testing.
Be Cool, Be Awesome
Be You, Be Random
wolf bytes
Defective Turret

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Previous

Return to Community Releases