[Coop] The halls of Menoetius Co-op

Re: The halls of Menoetius Co-op

Postby magicrat » Thu May 12, 2011 12:18 am

I have finally updated to version 1.5 and in doing so have fixed most of the complaints against it. The map should now be much less confusing and better to understand while still avoiding the thinking on rails solution to the puzzle. This will be the final update to the map, and it should satisfy most newcomers.
magicrat
Defective Turret

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Postby npc_msleeper_boss » Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 am

Awesome! Looking forward to your next release.
[Important Threads] Forum Rules | List of all Rankings Contest 2012
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns. If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators.
npc_msleeper_boss
 Note: You can not use the Developer Console to spawn this entity.

Postby xdiesp » Fri May 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Just solved this in about 20 mins (ver 1.5).

At first we thought the map was glitchy, since we couldn't see each other. :D So we pinged around and realized the 2 rooms were far away. Took at least 15 mins to spot a specific "extra" button in one of the chambers. Then it was just about writing down the effects of each trigger.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc12 ... ofMeth.jpg
by xdiesp (age 4)

I'm enthusiastic about this map, but my coop friend felt immediately uneasy and claustrophobic. Definitely too many mapmakers confuse Portal with Super Mario, and don't add deep puzzles (this sh*t looked like parallel universes!). But maybe some more open\bright graphics could help sustaining the long brainy pauses better.

Added spoiler tags for ya, brah. -Hober

edit
I'll throw in a scrappy map in the spoilers too :D
xdiesp
Community Contributor

Re: [Coop] The halls of Menoetius Co-op

Postby BenB » Wed May 18, 2011 2:50 am

Just thought the connection was broken as we couldn't see each other in the same map. Considered two identical maps but the map didn't look thrilling enough to either figure out if there was two maps or if it was broken.

Sadly caught us after two crashy maps.

Now I'm going to have a hard time dragging my button hammering monkey friend to try it a second time.
BenB
I was told I would get $60 if I posted on the forum

Postby pestchamber » Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 am

I really liked the concept. It was confusing at first, but it was very funny when we realized what was going on. The order of the funnels was hard to figure out, but we got it eventually.

The ping tool was probably what gave away how it worked, as when we tried to ping, it was in a completely different place. At one point I even pinged a location, and it showed up somewhere else. (I must have pinged through a world portal).

Overall a very fun and interesting map. Thank you. :thumbup:
pestchamber
Community Contributor

Postby coopcrowd » Sat May 21, 2011 4:27 am

This level was so insanely frustrating - pressing buttons here and their to try and get something to work. But it was so so clever, once we figured out what was going on it was 20 minutes later but it felt so rewarding to complete this map :D

So Thank you for creating an awesomely different map!

Here is a play through of the frustration and reward of completing this ingenious map, with commentary so you can actually here our elation.(You probably don't want to watch this if you haven't completed this map yet).

coopcrowd
Defective Turret

Postby magicrat » Sat May 21, 2011 2:59 pm

coopcrowd wrote:
This level was so insanely frustrating - pressing buttons here and their to try and get something to work. But it was so so clever, once we figured out what was going on it was 20 minutes later but it felt so rewarding to complete this map :D

So Thank you for creating an awesomely different map!

Here is a play through of the frustration and reward of completing this ingenious map, with commentary so you can actually here our elation.(You probably don't want to watch this if you haven't completed this map yet).

Awesome play through guys! as a note I finally got to finishing my second map if you would want to check it out, it should be less of a confusing mind-twister compared to this one. :wink:
magicrat
Defective Turret

Postby Djinndrache » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:33 am

I'm playing custom maps and record my first time of playing them. So the run is not perfect and may not use only intended ways, but maybe it can let you see how other people may understand the map or you could just enjoy someone playing this map for entertainment.
Anyways, here is the recording:

(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-dj4Ajt3N8)

Also note the video description for more feedback and my signature for additional project information.
Djinndrache
Senior Stalemate Associate

Postby co0op » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 pm

:thumbup:
Clever puzzle, we enjoyed this very much. Took us about half an hour, and it was great fun!
5/5
My maps: 1 2 3
co0op
Not Even A Full Time Employee

Postby KennKong » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Redunzl and I almost came to blows over this mother. "Go there! No, not that there, the other there, over there, you f***ing idiot!" We cheated just a little on the solution, because I swam in the funnel to take the timing issue out of it.

Not surprisingly, with the worldportals, we had some visual glitches. If you stood by the exit and looked down the left hallway, the buttons would disappear sometimes. If you stood in the left hallway and looked at the exit, the door and the signs would disappear.

This is the type of map we like, because we play more like sumos than ninjas. Thanks for coming up with this. 4/5 for quality, but a bonus for the invisible partner trick. 5/5 from us.

EDIT: We went back and did it on timing alone. For future reference, we prefer that you exit to the lobby instead of disconnecting, because that sometimes hangs my system (I have no idea if this is a common problem or just my machine.)
Expand for my full signature |
My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works
KennKong
Community Contributor

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Previous

Return to Community Releases