Team Orange Portal for Life

Team Orange Portal for Life

Postby taco » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:47 am

For a long time I was a strong supporter of Team Blue Portal (TBP) but I have recently come to see just how misguided I was. Team Orange Portal (TOP) knows where it's at.

There is a reason that Valve delays the acquisition of the orange portal in both Portal and Portal 2: if the player got access to the orange portal first, they wouldn't even bother getting blue afterwards - it's that good!

Sure, the orange portals looks better than the blue one. And yes, it sounds better too but its real quality can be found in its mythos.

Orange portal was long oppressed, controlled by a maniacal artificial intelligence; however, it was able to escape into the freedom of player-control, becoming more that it ever was and granting freedom to a human being. It's better than a person!

Now I know what you're thinking: blue portal was oppressed too. I hasn't always been player controlled. You may even be thinking that orange could never have been free without the aid of blue.

And to that I say, "You must think of me as arrogant for assuming to know what you're thinking." but I also say, "You small minded fool!".

The orange portal gives blue portal it's purpose! Without orange, blue would be a shiny blur on a wall in the back of one of Aperture's labs.

Blue is arrogant, always needing to be first. It thinks it's better than you (it told me so).

Orange portal is kind. It is loving. And It is my best friend.

Team Orange Portal for Life.
taco
Chariots Chariots

Registered users don't see ads! Register now!

Re: Team Orange Portal for Life

Postby srs bsnss » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 am

I believe in a world where blue and orange do not have to earn respect, but have it as a given right! Sure, Blue may be arrogant, but without blue there could be no orange! They work together in perfect harmony!

Why should we choose sides? Team Purple Portal for life! <3

EDIT: Oh wait, Atlas' second portal is the purple one lol
ImageImage
srs bsnss
Chariots Chariots

Postby portal2tenacious » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:19 am

Not too sure what inspired this thread, but I agree with srs bnsrs. The two need each other. Even if blue needed to be first, orange made a bigger entrance to counter that, so there would be a sense of neutrality between them.
Team Oval!!!
I dont know what a signachere is but i herd alot.

Click to show my best maps |
Shenanigans
Tenacity
Emancipated Polarity Remake
portal2tenacious
Your Old Friend, Deadly Neurotoxin

Postby FelixGriffin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 am

Why do you assume the portals need colors? SetModel them to each other and the effects will be gone, leaving only the true essence of portals!
Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin
Olympian and/or War Hero

Postby taco » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:33 am

Orange portal told me that some of you might feel this way and that choosing both or neither is all part of blue's master plan.

Blue does not want to share the spotlight with orange but it would rather you be misled into thinking they are equal than have you see the truth: the truth that blue would have had orange completely removed from Portal 2 if it were left up to him...

Blue is so single minded that it was his idea to introduce 'separation of colour and gun' into co-op! And if that wasn't taking things far enough, he demanded that the orange portal gun be carried by an overly-thin, sickly looking robot. The mind games are almost enough to make me sick.
taco
Chariots Chariots

Return to General Off Topic Discussion